A few things to note before you begin your adventure here so please read everything before diving into the roadmap! The roadmap is a constantly updated and ongoing display of features that can possibly and features that will show up in Dungeon Defenders: Awakened. Not everything shown here will be the only features that show up in future patches and content releases. Addition to that not everything will show up immediately or updated to a later phase even if it's already in ongoing development or even finalized. We need to keep some details hidden but if we have the possibility to show it to you early, we will!
Any item that is on the roadmap at any phase can go back and forth as we progress on features in development. Some features may take longer over others that may fly through all 4 phases into the next patch. As usual any feature that does not meet our standard for release will be held back or if a feature turns out to possibly cause a game breaking situation may be cancelled out right. Which leads into the final important note that not all items that even do appear on this roadmap will actually make it into the game due to various things like time, issues they may cause, general feedback, etc.
Lastly, voting on features and player generated ideas give you, the community, a voice to help us see what features you want the most and possibly sway our internal priorities to focus more on something earlier than later. It doesn’t outright change our development, but will be a valuable resource for us to reference.Roadmap Phases
- Investigation - Anything here is being investigated in either a design and/or technical aspect. Features here have a greater chance of not happening, being only a part of the original idea, and/or taking the longest amount of time until they show up in the game.
- Anything listed here does NOT guarantee it will make it into the game.
- Initial Development - Initial development shows that work is either beginning on a feature or is in a prototyping phase. A feature here may need additional time for further investigation, unexpected issues, or general concern so they be sent back to the Investigation phase.
- Ongoing Development - This is where the real magic begins as development for a feature is picking up steam. We’re working on this diligently and more details may be revealed as they are ready.
- Finalizing - Development is slowing down and finishing up the last few pieces. It is likely going through its various final checks with QA, internal testing, and external feedback. Features here are more likely to show up in the next patch or content update.
When a feature is released it’ll be included here alongside a link to the patch or details about its release. Items that move through will show up as a roadmap card under the release details.
Want a feature added to Dungeon Defenders: Awakened? Well add that idea here! Any idea here can be upvoted by the community after the idea has been curated by the Chromatic Games crew. Please be aware that even if a feature gets all the upvotes possible, it does not mean it will happen even if it moves from just being an idea into the investigation phase on the roadmap. There are a lot of aspects we need to consider before bringing any feature into a game.